After some pretty surreal experiences over the weekend, I was reminded to clear the energy of my home.
What better incense to use than The SHEro Signature blend.
It contains: Frankincense, Rosemary, White Sandalwood, Myrrh, and my personal favourite: Benzoin.
I wish the screen was scratch and sniff as it's delicious! Warming, relaxing, you can literally feel stress melting away.
I like to use charcoal discs. Over the years, I've had many people ask me how to use them.
Often making the same mistake I made when I first started using them - and that is not waiting long enough before adding the incense.
Yes I am a little impatient, and I would add the loose incense before the charcoal disc went grey.
Using Charcoal discs
- Place the charcoal disc in a suitable, fire-proof, container
- Light the disc - ideally with a long match or something with a long reach. Place the flame on the outer edge of the disc. If using matches, it can take several goes to get it lit.
You'll know that it's lit, as it will start to spark slightly.
- Wait about 5 mins for the disc to go grey. It will start to glow red, and then gradually work inwards, until the disc goes grey.
- Add your loose incense to the charcoal - not too much as the charcoal needs to breathe to be able to burn.
- Continue to add more incense for as long as you like.
On this occasion, as my incense was in a mini-cauldron, I then wafted it around the house - and guess what?
Everything felt lighter!
Sometimes it's easy to forget the obvious sometimes...